Monday, March 25, 2013

Shaping bushes


So it finally warmed up enough again to start working on the yard again. I decided to tackle the next unwieldy rosebush and also the junipers next to it.

Before

After
Sometimes the most difficult thing is just to get started. I kept eyeballing each of the plants and trying to figure out how short to make them etc. Finally I just told myself, "start trimming." Once I started it became more and more obvious where I needed to cut next. The grayish juniper was getting quite tall and as I attempted to trim it away from the shorter brown one I realized it was going to look ridiculous keeping it at that height. So I cut it down by almost half. I think it's a lot more manageable now. I also cleared away a lot of the thatch and leaves collecting underneath each of these bushes. There's much more "breathing room" now. I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment