Saturday, March 30, 2013

More Trimming

So the war against the overgrown plants in our yard continues. This is the last of the major trimming that needed to be done. 

Before. Again my parents planted these two bushes really close to each other so they're growing right into each other.

Here's the result. Still need to clear the ground around the base of all of the bushes now. Maybe lay down some wood chips. 
I forgot to take a "before" picture of this one. So here it is in progress. The trimmings created a wreath around the bush. 

All Cleaned up. 


In the long run I actually want to shape the bushes in an organic sculptural sort of way like bonsai. Trimming these down like this kind of sets that back but I needed more instant results. If things go well with the rest of the yard then maybe I can start shaping them by the fall. Then again with me going back to school I might not have the time/energy. More likely something to happen next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment