Monday, April 15, 2013

Pizzeria Limone - Italiana Salad

I tried out Pizzeria Limone with my brothers and my sister-in-law. The restaurant website describes it as a "quick service GOURMET Pizzeria". It's a casual chic establishment with moderate to cheap prices and utilizes a wood-fired oven and thin crusts to dish out quick and tasty pizzas. This was shortly after they figured out I was diabetic and my siblings were helping me figure out smart choices when eating out. My first reaction was, "Wait, a pizza restaurant? Won't that be all carbs?" My eldest brother pointed out that most good restaurants will have salads and he happened to enjoy the salads here before. Here's the salad portion of their menu:



My brother recommended the Italiana...


Blink Blink. "Is there a salad under there?"

Perhaps it isn't the most low-calorie salad out there but it certainly was yummy and still full of vitamins. It was good reminder that salads can be incredibly diverse and with very interesting combinations of sweet, crunch, and savory ingredients. It was large enough that I took half of it home. To cut down on the carbs I discarded two of the four pieces of bread. It's a pity since it somewhat defeats the purpose of going somewhere with a wood-fired oven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment