Thursday, January 10, 2013

Glitter Wedges

Michael and I occasionally do charity work with Third Friday Bingo. We host a bingo night at a local church. The catch is that we're all in campy over-the-top clownish drag. This isn't glam or female impersonation. The more ridiculous the better. I was lucky enough to find some wedges at Our Store that are actually my size but were a plain beige color that simply wouldn't do.

   

So we stopped by Modern Display and got big ol' bags of glitter glue and decided to transform these drab shoes into some drag shoes. 


I first took some tape and masked the soles and along the areas where my foot would go. I figured I wouldn't want the shoes to sandpaper my feet whenever I wear them. Then I grabbed a cardboard box, dumped in the shoes and started spraying with glue and dumping glitter.



I actually have a lot of glitter left over for other projects. Below are the mostly finished shoes.
The final step that I still need to do is to spray down the shoes with some sort of gloss finish to seal everything down. I did this project months ago and the glitter is wearing off and I leave a little magical trail wherever I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment